Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Treat-Bacon Toffee

This weekend being Halloween I decided that I would pull out a recipe that I have been wanting to try for awhile now-Bacon toffee! Frank is very suspect but what is there not to like-bacon, butter and sugar sounds fantastic to me.

Recipe wouldn't be simpler either:

1/2 pound bacon
1 stick butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
salt

Fry bacon-cool on paper towels to remove excess grease and then chop into small pieces.

Put water, butter, sugar and pinch of salt in saucepan over medium high heat. Stir constantly until water has boiled off (the mixture will get very bubbly/frothy first)and the mixture turns a deep golden tan color.

Remove from heat stif in bacon pieces and quickly spread toffee on a silpat or well oiled baking sheet.

Let cool and break into pieces.

I will most likely add some chili pepper flakes to mine!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment