Monday, January 11, 2010

Frank's Famous Burrito Dip Slimmed Down

So the diet continues-but that doesn't mean we aren't eating stuff we really enjoy having during the winter months!

This weekend we wanted burrito dip-for those of you that haven't had this before it consists of hamburger, refried beans, salsa and lots of velveeta cheese. Well not this weekend when I made it. Here's what I did.....

Replaced the burger with freshly ground chicken breast, made my own refried beans-so I knew it was all goodness in them with little fat, my own salsa and then for the cheese I used 2 % velveeta and only used about 1/2 cup which is at least 1/3 of what I usually use.

It had awesome taste-was it the burrito dip that we know and love-no but it was an awesome substitute during this diet time.

The other key to our enjoyment of this wonderful snack-moderation and portion control!

Try it when your hankering for something spicy and not sooooo fattening.

No comments:

Post a Comment