Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Zuchinni Zuchinni Everywhere!!!

So I am not sure what happened in my garden-I planted 3 plants of cantalope, 3 of acorn squash and 3 of zuchinni-well it appears that I ended up with either 6 or 8 plants of zuchinni. What does this mean? I have an tremendous amount of zuchinni.

So now I am on a mission to try new recipes to make it taste different so that we don't get sick of it-especially since Frank is not a HUGE fan!!!!!

Last night I made SPAGHETTI ALLA CARBONARA DI ZUCCHINE-it was and easy and tasty recipe and it goes as follows

5 Tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove peeled
3 1/2 cups 1/4 inch slices of zuchinni
2 eggs at room temp
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
12 ounces spaghetti
6 large basil leaves

Boil pasta. Heat oil in fry pan and toss in whole garlic clove. Saute for about 1 minute until it turns light brown. Toss in zuchinni and saute for about 15 minutes until golden brown.

Put eggs and parm cheese in large bowl and whisk together. When pasta is done, toss with eggs and parm-the heat from the pasta will cook the eggs. Next toss with zuchinni and torn basil leaves. Season greatly with pepper and salt to taste.

Enjoy and be sure to check back because I will be posting more recipes with zuchinni!

1 comment:

  1. Yum Beck- thanks for the recipe! I tried it over the weekend, and it was very good. It was a great idea to save a little pasta water to make the dish saucier!

    ReplyDelete