Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Ingredient to try

How many times have you seen bulgar in a recipe and said huh????? what in the world is bulgar anyhow??????

Well in keeping in the spirit of watching what we eat-I decided it is about time to try bulgar for myself. So here is some info for you if you decide to try it......

Bulgar is steamed, dried, crushed wheat kernels that are used probably most notably in the Middle Eastern salad tabbouleh.

I guess if I had to explain the flavor and texture I would say it tasted alot like wild rice and was the consistency almost of quick cooking oats. It added a great deal of flavor to the Bulgar Barbeques that I prepared last night.

So next time you see a recipe with bulgar in it-I would definately suggest trying it out for size.

Let me know what you think-Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment