Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dangerous Lesson Learned in my Kitchen Today

While preparing dinner for a friend of ours that is coming over tonight I had a little mishap in the kitchen today....

I was poaching some pears in wine for dessert-I didn't want all of the wine to cook off before the pears got to the point I wanted to take them so I put a cover on the pot-not a very good idea as I would find out when I lifted the lid to check on them---

Anyone know what happened?????

I experienced a fireball in my face! Luckily I had just gotten my hair cut today and had not put any hairspray in my hair-which I believe saved a good deal of my hair.

I singed some eyebrows-which some of my friends would say that is a good thing! Some crispy edges to some of my hair-but other than that I was very lucky!

So-eventhough I have flamed numerous things with alcohol while cooking-I never knew that you should not cover alcohol.

I sure hope those pears are tasty as I am still pretty freaked as to how bad it could have been.

Learn from me on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment