Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another Old Stand By Gets New Twist for Recipe Contest Entry

Whenever I need/want dessert on a moment's notice I have one recipe that is our favorite-it is Upside Down Berry Cakes. Read on and I can promise if you try it you will love it too!

The recipe contest was using a pint of strawberries and less than 8 ingredients and here is the recipe that I entered.

Choco Berry Upside Down Cakes
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp melted butter
Cooking spray
1 pint of strawberries cleaned and sliced
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375

Combine first 5 ingredients. Stirring just to combine. Pour into 10 ounce custard cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Divide berries and chips between the four cups.

Bake for 35 minutes until fruit is bubbly. 4 servings.

Just a hint-this would be excellent for Valentines day-serve it with good ice cream or a little fresh whipped cream.

Thought I would let you know-the original recipe was for blueberries and did not include the chocolate chips. I also make this recipe with any fruit I have on hand-or if I have no fruit then it is just straight up chocolate! It is always tasty!!!!!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment