Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cauliflower and Pizza?????

Last night I decided that I wanted pizza for supper-but I had cauliflower that I needed to use-so here is what I did.

I made Roasted Cauliflower Pizza Sauce-WOW was it a tasty addition to my pizza.

It was very simple with very few ingredients:
Cauliflower 1/2 head, garlic, salt/pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, olive oil and 8 oz tomato sauce.

Cut the cauliflower into flowerets, crush 2-3 cloves of garlic and toss together with the spices. Roast at 425 until carmelized and good smelling. Allow to cool slightly-puree in food processor. Add tomato sauce and process again. Depending on consistancy you may want to add a little water.

Next time you want to try something different with your home made pizza-try this and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment