Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Raw Almonds

So a friend gives you fresh raw almonds-what would you do?

Well I received about 4 cups of raw almonds and I decided to make my own spiced nuts and what an easy fun project-almost like an artist with a blank canvas!

I created my own spice mixture using some left over chili seasoning, hot chili powder, black and red pepper, fajita seasoning and little sugar and salt.

You line a baking sheet with foil-then take you almonds and put them in a large bowl and sprinkle with a tablespoon of vegetable oil per every two cups. Then sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the almonds until you can see the flecks of flavor on every almond.

Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 10 minutes toss almonds and then bake 5 minutes at a time until the nuts get brown-be sure to toss them every 5 minutes. This may take up to 30 minutes.

Let them cool and enjoy the wonderful artful almonds that you created!

No comments:

Post a Comment